Saturday 9 October 2021

BEYOND ALL MYSTERIES

The more we know, the more we realize how little we know. It seems that not only the Universe stretches to infinity but so do its mysteries. This maybe why, on my retirement, I embarked on my search for secular ethics, and ended up writing some 40 books. 
      One would have thought that I uncovered at least some secrets of the Universe. Alas, as the famed biologist, JBS Haldane confessed, "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine; it is stranger than we can imagine." 
      It sounded like back to square one.
      Almost.
 
    Scanning through my books, I realized that each one has been influenced, if not inspired, by some tiny fragment of the mystery that, over the years, continued to unfold itself before my eyes. 
      I continued writing.
    After a while I discovered a new literary form. Probably old to many but new to me. I'm talking about blogs.

Many blogs provide commentary on a particular subject or topic, ranging from philosophy, religion, and arts to science, politics, and sports. So I read on Google. 
 
 
It seemed that I found a philosopher's stone. Not that I could turn base metals into gold, but, perhaps, just perhaps, this was a way to turn my philosopher's meanderings into a literary form acceptable to my readers. After all, the thoughts came to me in snippets, in short individual ideas, and thus a short literary form would serve much better than long novels. And, and this is important, it would keep a record of my research in an orderly, chronologically accurate form. I do hope that you'll travel close to my road of discovery, and, at least on occasion, contribute to the unfoldment of the unknown. 
     It would be so much fun to travel this road together. With the horizon continuously receding, even as the universe continues to expand, sharing thoughts is almost a prerequisite to a pleasant journey. And, as I happen to believe that we create our own reality, our own Heaven and Hell, I hereby invite you to my Heaven.
     Trust me. We are going to have great fun! Who knows. Somewhere along the way your thoughts and mine might find a common ground. They might complement each other. 

Just to catch up, you might try a few of my books. You'll find novels there, but also collections of essays and, finally, a series of books of my collected blogs. If you visit my webpage, it might put us on the same wavelength. Playing the same tune? Perhaps in harmony?
We might find some chords of the music of the spheres...
Of... Musica universalis? 
 
***
 Hope you'll enjoy at least some of them.

 
Or you could go directly to my blogs:


And from there you can click to 
Amazon or D2D
Enjoy!
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment