Monday 11 October 2021

A VERITABLE LOVEFEST (part one)

Imagine! We all dream every night. We enjoy 3 to 5, and up to 7 dreams per night. What a magnificent way to diversify the expanding the Phenomenal Universe every single night. And there are almost eight billion of us generating the energies of our dreams. Hence the Universe is expanding at an ever increasing rate.
      Remember, ALL IS ENERGY. 
    Hence so are the energies generated by our dreams. That's not philosophy. That's science. Or so the scientists tell us. They can't be all wrong.
    And that goes for the animals. I know that cats and dogs dream. They jerk and move as though awake. After all, all animals enjoy a rich subconscious. Memories of millions of years. Their minds can manipulate those memories just like ours can. They are all energies, remember?  
    Are you sure our waken life is also not just a dream? It often feels like it. And this brings us to my Short Stories. I have no idea if I'd dreamt them or, for that matter, if I am dreaming right now. Quite often, the day after I wrote something, I hardly believe that it came from my mind. I could be dreaming that I am writing this blog. How could I be sure?

 ***

My stories are a veritable lovefest.  Fifteen Short Stories, some, perhaps, not so short, but all about... you've guessed it!   

    All stories—be they strange, visionary, comforting or enigmatic—are about love. Love of our home, our friends, the Universe, or even of a tropical plant; love of your daughter, or just each other… Of love before we were born, and lonesome love of that which is gone forever. Love of an idea. Or even just love of writing. If you love Love, you’ll love these stories. Love makes us all one. 
    How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... 
    Ah, yes, Elizabeth's question was quite rhetorical. She knew. (1)
 
STUFFED PANDA
AROUND THE WORLD
THINGS CHANGE
DELICIOUS MONSTER
LOVERS
NINE MONTHS
THE MIRACLE
WONDROUS FLUTE
VIRUS
A NEW DRESS
ALMOST LIKE ITALY
MIRROR
FLASH
A MAN WHO COULDN’T DIE
THE JEWEL 
 
     Enough? Some of these stories inspired later novels. Some came to me on waking, or even earlier, when still in a loving if chimerical embrace of Orpheus or perhaps Eurydice. Or it might have been Erato strumming her lyre... she also had something to do with them. Yet of one thing you can be certain, love was by far the greatest inspiration. 

 (CONTINUED TOMORROW)
***
(1) Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Sonnet 43
 
*****
Paperback or eBook
Parts of this blog had been published some months ago. 
You may have missed it. 

    or

 

No comments:

Post a Comment