Friday 5 November 2021

THE OBSERVER & THE OBSERVED

Which is which? If we are the created, do we observe the Creator, or is the Creator observing us. It seems that the two are inseparable. Can a Beethoven's Symphony be set apart from Beethoven? The difference is that we, the created, are equipped with a rudimentary awareness. Our brain not only generates energies that contribute to the diversity of the Phenomenal Universe, but is vaguely aware of this fact. 
    Vaguely, because most of us seem unaware that the energies we generate contribute only to the illusion of a reality. As we do in our dreams. 
    So... do we observe more than the reality we create? 
    Likewise, does our Creator observe us, It's creation?
    Can the two be really set apart...
 
The two seem, irrevocably, forever united. Aren't the Creator and the created, at the essence of being, one? The question had been asked by Isiah (9:6), the Hebrew prophet, (740 - 701 B.C.). He addressed the question of his growing awareness of a new consciousness being born in his awareness. Was he the observer? Or was he inspired to observe by the new Consciousness?
    Again, can the two be set apart? Isn't the Higher Self and our ego inseparable?
    Well, one seems intangible yet real — the other illusory...
 
 
The question has been raised by a number of seekers. I set out on the same journey having read, and been inspired by Apocryphal Acts of John: “A lamp am I to you that perceive me. A mirror am I to you that know me.” My conclusions below...

THE MIRROR

I walked a distant shore
Looking left, right, behind me.
I climbed the highest mountain,
I crossed the widest sea.
I looked in every place,
as far as eye could see…
Yet ’til my heart gives out
I’ll keep looking for Thee.

I don’t know who you are,
I’ve never seen your face.
I’d only seen your shadow
though it was filled with light—
and I was blinded by you
whoever you might be.
And then I saw a mirror
and realized: You are me.


I hope your journey will give you equal satisfaction as it did other seekers who met their own mirrors. I can but thank John for opening my eyes. Or was it my heart? 
    You decide.
    Have a nice trip...
 *****
In Paperback of eBook
and, please, don't forget a review
UBL
 
If you enjoyed my interpretation of Isaiah 9:6
there are 5 more short exegeses you might find interesting.
You'll find them on my webpage

******* 

No comments:

Post a Comment