Wednesday 9 June 2021

FANTASY OR REALITY

Accidents happen. They can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. This one happened to John. John who? It doesn't matter. It could happen to anyone. It could happen to you. Or me, for that matter.  Wait. It did happen to me. Happen what? I'm not sure.  ... I think it happened to me? Just now. I wrapped my Honda around a lamppost. The next thing I was looking down at my body lying in a ditch. I wondered why I haven't felt any pain.
    When did it happen?
    I have no idea. Something happened to time. It is still happening though I'm now lying in bed. It's not my bed. There are people in white coats moving around. Good God...I'm in a hospital.
    I thought I was driving a car... aaaah a lamppost?
    You can't drive a lamppost, silly!
    Sorry, I feel groggy...
     
    It is beginning to come back to me.  
    When...?
    Now?
    Now I'm in bed. So why does it feel like now? 
    Does time really exist? 
 
Somebody wrote a book about it. They said it was 300 spellbinding pages. It's supposed to be about me. Why? Am not just sleeping?

***

I'm awake now. I've been in a coma. For quite a while. Did you know that in a coma you're perfectly awake. I don't mean like everybody else, not in the physical reality, but you're perfectly awake in whatever reality you are in. 
    There seem to be different realities, with different times. I mean chronological times. They go both ways at the same time. Whatever happens to you, or happened already, or even might happen in the future, it all happens in the present. I mean right now. And the next moment it might not have happened at all. A funny reality that.
    But also, there is something to it.
    Here, I mean here and now, we must have a cause and an effect.
    There, in the other reality you decide. Your will is the only cause.
    You have a sense of freedom. A sense of being in charge. Of shaping this and that, by an act of your will. 
    Not at all like here. So... where is here? ...or when? 

Wait. I think I got it. It's like having a dream. Only it's a lucid dream. You decide what happens. Almost. To go through a wall you must close your eyes, or you hit it with your head. It's painful. But if you close your eyes, you can't see the wall, so, in a way, it is not there. You can create or "uncreate" the wall with your mind.

***
 
You'd better read the book. I might be making some of this up. I don't trust my memories that much. Perhaps I'm already dead and don't know it. You decide. But if I'm dead then who's writing all this stuff. 
    As I said, you decide. 
    As for whoever wrote the book about this, this is what some of them said about it. I wonder why...  They gave it 5-star reviews.
 
"This is a story of how a mind can be set free 
to roam infinite space where time does not exist..."
(K. Jones, Amazon)
"Now - Being & Becoming is an invaluable piece of literature." 
(C.J. Good, Amazon)
 
Sounds nice. Why don't your read it. We'll worry about time later. Or in the future Now. Or... perhaps we already did?  Read it anyway. I don't think time really exist. What do you think?

*****



 https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Being-Becoming-ebook/dp/B004CYF5MI/ref=sr_1_17_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383067518&sr=1-17&keywords=stan+i.s.+law

or

*******

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is an extract from the review I wrote on one of Terry Kerr's books. " For many years my son brought me a bag of psilocybin mushrooms as a birthday present, on the night of the fog, we digested a lot, washed down with many bottled ales. We had started imbibing around 2pm and had all the usual Level Three effects; fractals, tracers, and strong visual hallucinations, deep thoughts of the self and the universe, while listening to every recording ever made of “White Rabbit” playing on a Spotify loop. Come 2am we both decided nothing more would be happening; I took a glass of water upstairs to my bedroom. I turned the door handle and walked into the fog, all that was in the room was a grey fog and my bed hanging inside of it. No floor, no walls no ceiling and not even my wife in the bed, where she had retired to around midnight. I realised that I was now in Timothy Leary’s Level Four, and a profound understanding of the universe came to me. I was in the space between the dimensions of reality, where past, present and future are there for you to enter. I felt the need to put down the glass I was holding and walked around the bed to where I remembered the bedside table to be. I had the shocking realisation that I had just walked through the chest of drawers, that I normally would have to negotiate around. I reached my hand out to touch the wall which adjoined our neighbour’s half of the semi-detached house. My hand passed through it, I knew I could walk through the wall and into her bedroom but two things stopped me, one was the fact that she’d wake up screaming, or worse that I might find myself in another age and time."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. Now try doing it without the mushrooms. As in lucid dreams?

    ReplyDelete