Monday 3 December 2018

The GATE—Things my Mother Told Me

Divine Love can be defined as a state of Consciousness characterized by the ability to give without expecting anything in return. Hence, the source of giving is inexhaustible. Strangely enough, it pervades not only the female of the Human species but it is resplendent throughout nature. Most men do not seem to be genetically disposed to it.
However, most if not all females of diverse animal species seem to have this condition towards the small, innocent, young, defenseless amongst them.
The strangest thing about Divine Love is that the giver of such wondrous gift derives as much if not more joy from giving, as the recipient does from receiving it. Often enough, the recipient is not even aware of what befell him or her. Even as most of us seem unaware of the plethora of gifts, which the Universe is continually bestowing upon us all. Should we be aware of this, the state of Eden, of Paradise, would abide in our consciousness most of the time.

Furthermore, Divine Love seems to be constantly multiplying, self-generating, in our consciousness. The more we give, the more we seem able to give. It is the only “Perpetuum Mobile”, the condition of Perpetual Motion, with which the Universe equipped us. Surely, a magnificent gift.


And just such was my mother, Mrs. Kordos.
At first, you might have not noticed her predilection. She behaved, spoke and acted like most women you must have met over the years. Yet, even then, there were moments when a thought must have crossed your mind, a thought questioning if my mother lived in the same world, the same reality, as we all do.
Whenever an opportunity presented itself, mother found a way to make you happy. I took this strange ability of hers for granted, until I saw her in her final days, in the Institute I described in my book.
Frankly, I couldn’t believe my eyes.
My mother, hardly able to walk even with an aluminum walker, shuffled along the drab corridor. She stopped at each door, firmly shut, seemingly to keep out the miseries of the age-depreciated reality.
She stopped at each door,  knocked, then having painted a big smile on her mouth she looked in. A joke would follow, or even a little ditty. When I heard a responding laughter coming from the occupant of the room, my mother would gently close the door and move along the corridor to the next door.
And so on…
She left behind her smiles, some giggles, some outright laughter. Until the next day, when she’d repeat the same exercise. She was 97 years old then.
Years later, I realized that my mother felt oneness with all people waiting to leave this reality. That this knowledge filled her with joy. She was returning to the realm she’d left almost 100 years ago, drown back by an irresistible centripetal force.
And only then I remembered the many things she told me. She knew the secret of Divine Love.






AMAZON:



4 comments:

  1. "The writing has classical grandeur and poetic beauty…
    This is a jewel of a piece of writing…
    From 5-star review by Kate Jones, editor, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I wish I could come across more books of the nature and quality of ‘The Gate – Things My Mother Told Me’. This is a novel I highly recommend, a book that deserves to be read by millions of people.” From 5-star review by Fred Schäfer, author

    ReplyDelete
  3. “…This is easily Law's most personal and heartfelt work and is easily my favorite book that he has written,” wrote Kevin Lintner in a 5-star review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “It creeps up on us and knocks on our door and ready or not, it’s up to us to welcome it, with tears and fear or then with humor and grace. I recommend this book highly for both old and young.”
    From a 5-star review by Margo Kirtikar Ph.D.

    ReplyDelete