Saturday 13 July 2019

MARKETING 6th of my 40 books. Today ALEC (Alexander Trilogy)

As you publish more books, you will be bombarded by marketing agents. They’ll offer to teach you how to make millions while they make thousands. It may work for some, but the vast majority will result in writers getting poorer, while the agents will put on additional weight.
I don’t blame the agents. After all, they too have mouths to feed.
Just recently an agent offered to improve my marketing for a monthly set up fee of $150. My response was the following:

“As a number of my ebooks sell at 99¢, for which Amazon pays me 35¢, I'd have to sell 429 additional copies to cover your monthly fee. If you can guarantee that, you've got the job. I still wouldn't make a penny, but at least I would be read!
Reasonable? Alternatively, you can take over my marketing for 50% of the net profit.

The response I got was:

“I'm sorry but we don't work on profit sharing. 
But if you want to go with Google shopping we could assist you very well. 
I can also reduce our fee up to some extent but investing in Google would be a big deal for you because there you need to invest at least $150/mo in order to achieve more sales.” 

Hence, they do not have sufficient faith in their methods to accept 50% of the profit from my 40 (that’s FORTY!!!) books but expect me to have faith in their system to pay them (at least) $150/month. So if they would make millions on my 40 books, half of those millions would not suffice for them, but $150/mo would do this trick.
Do you smell a rat?

To acquaint you with the quality of my writing, below a few random excerpts from reviews of some of my books on Amazon:

“...a book that deserves to be read by millions of people.” From a review by Fred Schäfer, Author.

“Stan I.S. Law also has the unique talent of bringing emotions fully to life for the reader. You feel all the love, apprehension, exhilaration and hope flowing through the pages.” From a review by Amy Taylor.

“...I cannot resist a jam-packed, intellectual masterpiece from Stan I.S. Law.” From review a by Monica LaSarre, Author.

“Law continues to amaze me with his ability to blend action, romance, philosophy, and mysticism into a rip-roaring science-fiction tale that will keep your eyes glued to the story until the very last page.” From review a by Kevin Lintner.

What a fantastic book. Stan I.S. Law is easily one of the most prolific writers of this generation.” From a review by Brian.

“...I appreciate so much your creation and sharing with your readers the potential of the Event Horizon! Wonderful!” From review a by GABixlerReviews.

I am astounded beyond words by the scope and breadth of this author’s ability to create and sculpt books which so perfectly challenge and intrigue the mind as he has done in every single volume I’ve read of his masterpieces. He is truly a genius of our time.From a review by Monica LaSarre, Author.

“This is a wondrous work—wise, witty, enthralling. With the progression of the trilogy, we better understand Stan’s worldview—which is another way of saying that he has successfully beckoned us into his mysterious, mesmerizing world. That is a sign of a brilliant author, and Stan I.S. Law stands tall in that position.” From review the by Grady Harp HALL OF FAME TOP 100 REVIEWER.

Lots more are on Amazon and Smashwords. Find out for yourself. Now, we continue with ALEC, book 1 of the ALEXANDER TRILOGY. And, as Glenda Bixler said on Amazon, it: “Takes Us ...Beyond Where Star Trek Went...”

My 50% offer still stands. Your advice is welcome.








2 comments:

  1. “This is definitely a coming of age story and the method in which it is told by Stan I.S. Law is pure genius.”
    From 5-STAR review by TFLReader on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “This is definitely a coming of age story and the method in which it is told by Stan I.S. Law is pure genius.”
    From 5-STAR review by TFLReader on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete